Who we Are
Blue Sky Events is an event contracting agency based in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, that seamlessly orchestrates and oversees unforgettable experiences. In our hands, the day you’ve dreamt of becomes a reality.
Blue Sky Events believes in the power of authentic relationships. From the connections we make with our clients to the connections made possible by our events, we specialize in facilitating environments where productive and lasting relationships flourish. Blue Sky Events was founded in Lake Tahoe, Nevada and still calls the mountains home. Nevertheless, this agency has become one of the foremost event contractors in the Sierra Nevada region because we know the value of authentic connections, especially within our team. Strong working relationships among the dynamic Blue Sky Events team is what makes this agency so great.
Because this agency was built on relationships, personal connections remain central to how Blue Sky Events does business. It starts with a conversation where we get to know you and your dream event. Then we start working to bring your vision to life, relying on our creativity and the many relationships Blue Sky Events has built in the event industry over the last 20 years. We’ll help you select the best vendors for your event to ensure that every detail is taken care of.
When you work with Blue Sky Events, we level with you as an individual. We’re here to understand your needs and wants, and together, we’ll make your vision a reality. Through creativity, attention to detail and cooperation, events become unique, unforgettable memories for anyone who takes part. Reach out today to tell us your vision. We’re excited to roll up our sleeves and start planning.
WHY CHOOSE US?
EXPERTS | Blue Sky Events is an expert in the industry with over 20 years in business. We have the know how to make your personal dream event into one of your favorite memories.
MIRACLE WORKERS | Blue Sky Events has a track record of astonishing clients by bringing their dreams to life, sometimes against pretty steep odds.
CREATIVES | Blue Sky Events does not have a one-size-fits-all formula for events. Customization is so important to us that no two events are the same. The only way we are able to achieve consistently unique events is by leveraging our creativity and insider knowledge.
FRIENDS | Personal connections are central to our business. We welcome clients, vendors and staff into our lives as friends. At Blue Sky Events, we know that a good business is for and by people, so we do our best to exemplify that.
KERRY ANN HAWK
OWNER & DIRECTOR OF SALES
Kerry is a passionate event planner who thrives on taking on challenging projects and finding joy in overcoming obstacles.
She has a wide range of event planning experience, including weddings, corporate events, and community gatherings, with a strong focus on events that give back to the community.
Fun Facts about Kerry:
- When she’s not planning events, she loves being outside in the mountains with her family: swimming in Lake Tahoe, hiking, camping, snowboarding and backpacking.
- She likes to team up with friends from the wedding and events industry to participate in obstacle races. She won first place in her age group in her first Spartan Beast Race!
- She believes in love at first sight.
OWNER & GENERAL MANAGER
Jason loves creating events that embody the full sensory experience through lighting, sound and thematic settings—anything that brings the “wow” factor. He loves to see the experiences he builds have a profound impact on attendees.
Fun Facts about Jason:
- He has a deep passion for outdoor recreation: snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, backpacking and water sports to name a few. He also loves adventure, travel and exploring new and beautiful places.
- He has traveled to and seen 43 of the lower 48 states by car.
- He has summited and descended Mt. Whitney in one day, which is the highest peak in the lower 48 states.
EXECUTIVE EVENT PLANNER
Lindsey is most inspired by the clients that have never been to Tahoe. Starting with a completely blank slate allows Lindsey to be creative and use her expertise and local knowledge to create an event very specific to the client.
She strives to ignite a spark of magic at each of her events, even if that comes in unexpected ways.
Fun Facts about Lindsey:
- She is Blue Sky’s resident Disney aficionado! She loves everything from the classics like Ariel, all the way up to Star Wars and Marvel. Years ago, she was dubbed the “Wedding Fairy Godmother,” which captures the love she has for her two biggest passions perfectly: wedding planning and Disney.
- She has lived in 4 different National Parks: Crater Lake, Death Valley, the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite.
- She spends a lot of time in the kitchen and loves to cook, but baking is a secret talent that she doesn’t share often. She bakes everything from Tres Leches, Butter Cake, to all sorts of cakes and cupcakes.
WINE & CULINARY CONSULTANT
Tommy finds inspiration in projects that are considered challenging, working together with teammates to create fluid and engaging events.
Fun Facts about Tommy:
- He has played guitar for many years. He writes songs and sometimes plays in his church band for Sunday services.
- He loves skiing and skis many days every winter.
- He enjoys helping teammates improve upon their restaurant skills. He loves to share his knowledge about food, wine, and service from his 40 + years in the food hospitality business.
Executive Event Planner
Alicia finds joy in creating an event that truly encompasses the story being told while also bringing enjoyment to everyone involved. Alicia has an exceptional eye for detail, from behind-the-scenes communication all the way through the completion of the event.
Fun Facts about Alicia:
- She was born and raised in Minden, NV, and has never left the area! As a Northern Nevada local, she has always loved spending time at Lake Tahoe, and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. She enjoys spending her time enjoying Tahoe and working near or at the Lake!
- She truly loves health and getting outdoors! She loves doing a workout at her favorite CrossFit gym, paddle boarding, swimming, and hiking! She also loves to cook, finding new healthy meals for her family!
- She loves to plan events for her friends and family. She has created and hosted many Murder Mystery parties with themes ranging from Circus to Harry Potter to Game of Thrones. Her son loves to pick a birthday theme for his big day, and she will redecorate their entire home to provide an atmosphere that fully captures his dream celebration.